About Us | Contact Us | Change Country
Member ID:
Forgot password
For Canadian SMEs
Beginner's Guide
Beginner's Guide

Travelling Abroad
Returning to Canada
Market Research
Export Financing
Customs Tariff Info
Trade Agreements
Trade Associations
For Foreign Companies
Information for Businesses Located Outside Canada
Embassies Abroad
Embassies In Canada
HS Code Search
World Trade Law
Trade Magazines
Trade Glossary
  For Canadian Businesses - Travelling Abroad - returning to Canada
Returning to Canada
Canadian Passports - A Step-by-Step Guide (Passport Canada)

A Certificate of Canadian Citizenship is not a travel document.
A Canadian passport is the only reliable and universally accepted travel and identification document available to Canadians for the purpose of international travel. Canadian citizens returning to Canada who present other documents, such as a Certificate of Canadian Citizenship, birth certificate, provincial driver’s license, or foreign passport, instead of a Canadian passport, may face delays or be denied boarding by transport companies.

Information and guide for:
Canadians living in the US (or Bermuda); and
Canadians abroad.
I Declare - A guide for residents of Canada returning to Canada (CBSA)

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) provides an overview of the laws, restrictions, entitlements and obligations of Canadian residents returning from travel outside Canada.
The information provided was accurate when it was published; however, legislative provisions and requirements can change at any time.
  Also available in PDF (166 KB). Click to download.
On page 5 & 6 you will find information on personal exemptions
for absence of 24 hours or more, 48 hours or more, and
absence of 7 days or more.
Canadians Abroad (Service Canada)
The Government of Canada offers Canadians living abroad assistance as well as important information on taxation, customs and other topics.
  Find information on:

  Authentication of Documents;
  CANPASS - Private Aircraft;
  CANPASS - Private Boats; and
Emergency 24/7 Services (Foreign Affairs and Internetional Trade Canada)

For emergency help (stolen or lost passport etc.) you will find links to phone numbers of your nearest embassy or consulate during business hours. You can also find contact information to call (anytime) Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada Emergency Operations Centre in Ottawa.
Directory of Canadian Government Offices Abroad

Directory of websites and contact information for Canadian government offices abroad. These offices provide a variety of services to Canadians, including consular services.
(In addition to routine and emergency services, consular officers abroad provide specialized services for a fee, including legal and notary services and the transfer of funds.)
A Canadian’s Guide to Healthy Travel Abroad
The Government of Canada has developed this booklet to help you protect your health while travelling or living abroad. It includes essential information on understanding travel health risks; taking preventive measures before, during and after your travel; coping with a health emergency abroad; and accessing consular services in a health emergency.
  Also available in PDF.
  Click to download.

Copyright © 2011 ExportTradingNetwork.com. All rights reserved Your use of this website is subject to, and constitute acknowledgement and acceptance of our Terms & Condition